About Me

My photo
Read the Blog, it will give you the information you may be looking for. Anyhting else just ask!! =)

Monday, August 8, 2011

aRED couple of months

After going through a lot in my life for 4 months, which in itself was the hardest thing I had to go through, at least that's what I thought. At the end of January I had some weird "spell", where I was extremely fatigue, nauseated, short of breath, chest pains, numbness down the whole left side of my body, headaches and overall just felt "yucky". I was finally able to go to the doctor after over 2 years of not having any health insurance because of my "pre-existing conditions" with my heart. My appointment wasn't until February 16th with my general practitioner. I figured the symthoms I was feeling were just stress related. After a week of feeling this way and not being able to do much, until one late night/early morning, it got beyond anything before, I was awoken out of my sleep by not being able to breathe, or catch my breathe. My body felt limp and like it was crashing down. I just couldn't take it anymore, I took myself to the urgent care after a phone call to the Nurse Hot-line. The UC did a million a one test (at least that's what it felt like). X-rays, EKO, and blood work. All to come up with Congestive Heart Failure, Fluid in the Lungs and Heart, & enlarged Heart.
After all the test they could do at a Urgent Care Facility, and constant communication to and from a Cardiologist on the phone, they finally decided that my best bet would be go to the ER. I had my then 2 year old daughter with me, who was a complete angel while Mommy was going through it. Since I was able to drive and the pain wasn't extreme, they allowed me to drive to the ER myself, which is 15mins away in another city. I got there and everything seemed to go so fast.

I was extremely scared and had horrible anxiety to everything. They did more test and explain to me, & my daugthers father everything that was going one. At one point they were deciding on what to do for me. A particular doctor came to my side and actually said to me, "look sweetheart, you don't have a 25 year old heart." Then proceeded with they were going to admit me into the hospital. Fear beyond fear set in and I broke down.

I couldn't understand why this stuff was happening to me, I've gone my whole life trying to be normal, and healthy. Going to the doctor's constantly, being told I wouldn't see teenage years, to playing sports I was never supposed to be able to play, then taking away my ability to continue to play sports in high school, and putting me in some "lame" PE class, just to get credits, telling me to never have children because my heart wouldn't be strong enough, the list goes on and on. I went farther then the doctors ever could imagine, but not without a fight! I worked my butt off to be what I called "normal" & To have it all come crashing back down on me yet again in my lifetime. WTH!!!!! I couldn't take it, but I had to.

I stayed the night in the hospital, and was told the same things, they believe I had; Congestive Heart Failure, Fluid in the Lungs and Heart, & enlarged Heart. Since I had an appointment coming up very soon I just tried to keep a low profile once they let me go home. I went to the doctor and of course like always I had to go see a new Cardiologist. In my head all I could hear was bad news! I went to see him within a week or two, he went over my health history and explained to me that I have become "symptomatic" and because of that it was time to get serious. Needless to say things got serious, and FAST.....................

No comments: